Thursday, April 10, 2014

Planning ahead

I bought some beautiful fiber from Marilee.   If you have not tried her HDT, head over to her etsy and see the lovely colorways!   A dream to tat with, too.   If Simon wasn't loose, I'd get it out of the safe place and take pictures ; )    As Simon is into everything, it is n't a good idea right now!


Boutique Tatting; Jewelry and Gift
Designs + Patterns

Jewelry + Gift Tatting Patterns

I brought a few tatting books with me to a recent gathering of creative friends.   My GFs are so talented and delightful to be around.   They teach classes, take classes -- bead jewelry, publish books -- crochet-bead jewelry [more on that in another post], knit, needlepoint, neeedlework on linen, etc.    My GFs seemed to enjoy Marilee's books and tatting projects.    I had them select something they would like, in the future.    Seems Marilee has a little bit of everything, in lovely colorways, and seems to be varied enough for all jewelry tastes.    I brought all four of her tatting books and GF, Sue, brought a Bead + Button magazine which featured Marilee's designs + an earring pattern..    They chose patterns from the three books shown above.



Currently,  I'm in the planning part of gathering up my fibers and beads.  These will be made with Marilee's HDT and Lizbeth fibers.  I have some beads, and GFs will pitch in with beads from their stash, too.  I want to use some fiber in my stash to test-tat some of the skills needed in the patterns.   Tho, am looking forward to creating something unique!    I'm hoping to get a few jewelry-things tatted this year and Wish me Luck!!!   I hope they will turn out as lovely as items shown in the books!   

3 comments:

Karol R Johns said...

Look forward to seeing your creations!

gracie said...

Just love adding beads to this and that. I look forward to seeing what you create....

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Wishing you luck! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create!

LinkWithin