Monday, April 01, 2013

Happy Tatting Day *

Thought I try something different, try to create a tatted edge.      I admit, I've never tatted an edge before.   Why?   I'm not sure!                                                                                                                                                   The top one is Mary Konior: Corn and Chaff, from Tatting in Lace (borrowed book from the IOLI Library ) - I adjusted the join picot size a couple times + I've got a good sample!      
The other one is from Handy Hands newsletter.    Old and New Designs in Tatting.   I think it looks terrible.   I like the way the edge looks in photo; however, mine is pretty twisted!   I'm thinking there must be an easier way to tat this edge.    Or, a way to tat without such a 'twist'.

However you celebrate - enjoy the day ; )     If you tat, tat well today ; )


International Tatting Day

When: Always on April 1st
Tatting Day has been celebrated internationally for over 4 years now. April 1st is the International Tatting Day.
Tatting is the skill of making delicate, elegant tatted lace. It is enjoyed by thousands of people.
On this day, "tatters" around the world have different activities, mostly educational, to celebrate their hobby, and introduce it to others. Often, they celebrate by eating chocolates and making tatted lace.

4 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Happy International Tatting Day! Your edgings are lovely! I don't see the twist you're talking about, but maybe a little shot of steam would help you out. It always seems to help my tatting! ;-)

Michelle said...

Your edging is looking good! Happy International Tatting Day!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

If you'll tat it monochrome with two shuttles, I think you'll find that the problem disappears. I think its the shift to keep the thread colors in place that may be causing the problem. Try it and see. Happy Tatting Day to you.

God's Kid said...

Both of your edgings look really wonderful to me!! :)

LinkWithin