Wednesday, October 17, 2012

yummy yummy

Pattern is Motif #19
Minitats by Patti Duff


This thread is a gift from Lace-lovin' Librarian, Diane.  Do you remember her blog posts of Stumpy motifs???   She tatted stumpy patterns in many thread colors from YLI and Sulky Blendables.   She sent some thread for me to try.   I practiced a bit with green, size 50 fiber (motif on the left side) before using the sample.    

Sulky Blendables is pretty skinny stuff (12 wt thread); however, the color is yummy.  This is color, 4088 (tatting on the right).   I think this motif will be used in a future jewelry project I've had sketched out on a sheet of paper.   I don't know how pattern designers can get the ideas out of their heads, tatted in fiber, and charted on paper!   I do admire their talents ; )

   


3 comments:

Fox said...

Ohhhh . so pretty. I am yearning to try some of the skinny pretty stuff myself!
Fox : )

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! Let me know if you need some more... I have scads of thread!

God's Kid said...

Those are really great and the colors are awesome!!! :)

LinkWithin