Sunday, October 16, 2011

First Attempts ...


Several months ago,
I visited LaPorte, IN
and found a Workbasket Magazine

with this tatting pattern ---
called Summertime means Butterflies
by Mary H. McCarthy

And, I made a couple attempts.
I think with the pearl beads - will need to use a different size crochet cotton (maybe size 10)
Or, I may need to use smaller round beads ... but, after messing it up the first time around,

I did manage to get the blue butterfly tatted!

I also tatted this lovely pattern by   Jon Yusoff
(made a few hearts using this pattern)
I enjoy making up this heart!

6 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think your first attempts are fabulous!

Gina said...

That butterfly was one of my early (successful) tattings. I loved it! It also got me using beads early on. I used it in my first tatted butterfly exchange. It's still one of my favorites! You've done an excellent job and yes, a pearl that big is hard to use, but it IS possible as you have shown. I love Jon's heart too. Very nice tatting!

Foolish Feathers said...

I randomly found your page, and what a delight! I think what you are working on is amazing and I wish you well as you progress!

fatmonica said...

This is beautiful,so delicate.I'm so glad I wandered onto your blog and got to see it.

Siobhan said...

Amazing for your first attempt :)

Siobhan said...

Amazing for your first attempt :)

LinkWithin