Friday, June 17, 2011

Tatting Workshop

Victorian Drop Necklace
Bead Tatting Class
by Kathy Kirchner

Had a delightful day learning new tatting
techniques ... adding BEADS!

The class was in Clarendon Hills, IL
at the Public Library.

Was interesting to use a different fiber (silk)
add beads, and make chains without the flip.

Quite a challenge to read the pattern
w/o diagram - with a lot of notes, I
think I managed to grasp the concepts
and can complete the pattern.

Enjoyed meeting + chatting with the
other students.

More classes tomorrow at Lace Day in Illinois.

I am signed up for Bobbin Lace. Keep your fingers crossed I can figure it out!

In addition to the classes, there are lace demos, lace exhibit,
and SHOPPING w/the vendors.

Hope to see you there!



6 comments:

Karol said...

Very Pretty! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Bonnie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finish piece and to learn how you like Bobbin Lace.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I can hardly wait to meet you! Lace Day, here I come!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I had so much fun meeting you and Karol yesterday! I hope to get together with the two of you again. Maybe we can encourage each other in our lace addiction!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Arghh! Blogger is giving me a hard time! Either you will get three new messages from me, or just this one...

I had a great time meeting you and Karol yesterday! I hope we're able to get together again and indulge in our love of hand-crafts!

I know I have your email hidden somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my computer, but I can't find it quickly, and I'm feeling very impatient this morning. I feel the need to make lace!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

oh so very wonderful! Wish I knew how to tatt!

LinkWithin