Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Japanese Prints

I enjoyed a recent visit to the Brauer Museum of Art. There was an exhibition of the Japanese Prints from their Permanent Collection.

Of the many prints in the exhibit, I think this one was my favorite. Noah's Ark, Sadao Watanabe (1913-1996)

There were several prints of Last Supper, by Sadao Watanabe. Each unique and interesting! I found this web site which has several pictures of prints ... AND this web site provides more information on Sadao Watanabe.


I was thrilled to see the Keisuke Serizawa (1895-1984) 1947 Calendar. The colors were bright - the motifs and numbers were brilliant!!! I wasn't able to find a photo (on-line); however, I did find this web site which shows several of the calendar folios.


I was drawn to this print, too. It is Quiet Rain by Kaoru Kawano (1916-1965). The title, the print, something about it just moved me.


The exhibit closes on March 23rd. Well worth the trip to Valparaiso University : )

No comments:

LinkWithin